1. What was the author?s main goal when he took the job for the U.S Forest Service?
2. Why is it hard to do science at the same time you are doing restoration? What four main
challenges did the author encounter?
3. What are the synergies between science and restoration that he identified?
4. What is ?good science?? Do you think ?practical relevance? is a reasonable criterion to apply to grants to the USDA for weed biology?
5. What did the author learn (overall) from his experience in restoration? How would he approach the project now with a decade of experience?
6. What do you think of his points in this article? How has it confirmed or altered your views on restoration?